Sunday, July 8, 2012

Kaylie's June Favorites

Hi lovelies!

I hope everyone had a wonderful June!  This was such an exciting month with the kick-off of our blog and I've tried so many new products that I'm just ecstatic about.  With the passing of June, it means that summer has truly come!  Instead of my usual picture taking, I decided to make a collage of my must-have products last month on Polyvore.  To read more about them, click read more!


June Favorites








Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation

My absolute favorite product of this month is my Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation.  It gives amazing coverage that can be easily layered and gives off the most natural, dewy look.  I usually find that matte foundations look too much like a porcelain doll and unnatural.  This foundation on the other hand makes your skin really flawless while also being natural looking.  It covers up skin imperfections easily and can be applied with your fingers or a dense kabuki brush.  A review will be up soon!


  
Inglot Palette

When I visited NYC in June, I knew i just had to pick up an Inglot palette!  The shadows have amazing pigmentation and quality and were not nearly as expensive as Mac or Urban Decay shadows can be.  Because I chose the colors with the Freedom System, they are colors I truly love and use everyday.  Review coming soon!


Lace shorts


This month I have been absolutely in LOVE with the lace trend.  I can wear my lace shorts with almost anything to give my outfit a cute and chic vibe.  I don't have the exact shorts pictured above, but they are super similar to my Gap lace shorts that I got on a great sale.


Urban decay Naked palette




I have no doubt that many of you have heard about the infamous Naked palette.  I have just recently purchased it last month and have totally fallen in love with it.  I can create multiple eye looks from a neutral daytime look to a smokey eye for nighttime.\


Wet n wild Comfort zone eyeshadow palette




For a less expensive option to my Naked palette, I can definitely find some great looks out of my Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette.  It was about $5.00 at Rite Aid, but with a 40% off sale, I snagged it for a mere $3.00!  I get multiple looks from this palette as well and have used it practically all month.


TheBalm Bahama Mama bronzer




While I have many bronzers, the Bahama Mama bronzer is my favorite this month.  It is a wonderful matte so I can easily contour the face.


Maybelline One by One waterproof mascara



This is my favorite everyday mascara.  It is waterproof and will not budge unless you get doused with water.  It volumizes and lengthens beautifully, without any clumps which is my pet peeve.


L Oréal Paris Le Gloss in Pink Amethyst




I absolutely love this gloss.  It isn't very sticky and the color payoff is beautiful by itself or over a lipstick color.  It's perfect for summer with it's pretty sheen.


Seventeen Magazine





With all of this new freedom, I love reading my Seventeen magazines.  I got a subscription last November and can't get enough of it.  I get so much fashion and beauty inspiration all the time, not to mention it is great for the hot beach or an airplane ride!


Rosebud Perfume Co beauty product




You guys have probably all heard me rave about this rosebud salve in previous posts, but I'm a total fan.  It gets rid of all the dryness in my lips and leaves them feeling smooth and unchapped.


American Apparel sheer nail polish





I just recently discovered the sheer nail polishes from American Apparel.  While I love their regular polishes, this is a newfound favorite for the month since I can layer them up easily for an opaque look, sandwich in some glitter for a jelly sandwich  (Tutorial here), or add other colors for some ombre nails.


Maybelline Great Lash LOL Mascara Very Black





For a great nighttime dramatic look, Great Lash LOL is my favorite.  I've heard a lot of negativity about the original Great Lash, but I just had to try this one due to it's unique coned shape brush.  While it has a wet formula, it excellently adds drama to my lashes my thickening and lengthening them.


I hope you girls enjoyed looking at my favorites!  What were your must-haves for June?  Love any of the products above?  Leave a comment down below!

xoxo  Kaylie  <3



10 comments:

  1. Really love your blog. I'm a new follower! Check out my blog: http://paigeslist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for stopping by and following us! it really means a ton:) we will totally check out your blog, thanks again!

      Delete
  2. I love the naked pallet! my favorite shades are sidecar and half baked :) hbu? I also luv 17 magazine, American apparel polishes, and maybelline mascaras!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i absolutely LOVE half baked! it's a great lid color. I also love sin for an inner corner highlight. haha and yes, maybelline mascaras so amazing! I just got the Mega Plush mascara and am going to do a review soon! thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete
  3. the naked pallet is my favorite to go eyeshadows with mac there are in my wishlist too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i love mac shadows! they're definitely worth the big price tag:)

      Delete
  4. I wish I could get the money for the Naked Pallet :( I have been wanting it for, well, FOREVER. I love the colors in it, and I have heard nothing but great reviews on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an investment, but definitely well worth it! If you can't get your hands on it, maybe you can ask for it for your birthday or a holiday present!:)

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love the lace shorts as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, I love how versatile they are! They can be worn practically anywhere!<3

      Delete