Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Kaylie's Lookbook ~ 4th of July

Hey everyone!!

I'm super excited for tomorrow because it's the 4th of July!  For all of you readers that live in the states, tomorrow is one of the best times of the summer.  It's a great way to wind down and enjoy a nice barbecue and fireworks with family and friends to welcome the summer.  I love dressing for the occasion, and the 4th of July is one of the most fun to coordinate your outfit for.  Since the holiday lands in the peak time of the summer, dressing smart is essential for comfort.  I love to wear breathable clothing without much jewelry since outdoor activities can become really sweaty outside.  Also, it is essential that the clothing be easy to run around in since there are always water fights and volleyball matches nearby.


Outfit #1


I love this outfit for a more fancy event, although it can easily be worn to casual outings too.  It is super cute and trend, as well as easy to wear since it doesn't involve many components.


Click to see the break down and the next outfit!


      The break down:

In my first outfit, I have this super cute romper that I've been dying to wear for the summer.  It's perfect for the hot weather very light and casual for the summer.  The romper is sleeveless which makes the outfit really breathable and light.  (Just make sure to wear sunscreen!)  It's hard to see, but the white top is a lace pattern.  The bottom of the romper appears to be loose, high waisted paper-bag blue shorts with a tie to cinch in the waist.  This is perfect for the 4th of July since it incorporates the blue and white colors of the flag.  I picked this up at TJ Maxx for $14.99 and is from the brand One Clothing.  



I picked up this necklace a while back on vacation at a local flea market.  It's so cute since it incorporates the red and white for the 4th of July without being too obvious.


Outfit #2

This outfit is super casual for those outings to the beach or an outdoor barbecue.  I paired this red tank top from Abercrombie for $28.00, but you can always find a cheaper one at Forever 21 of H&M.  For a comfty feel, I just paired with it some white denim shorts and a super pretty navy blue necklace to add patriotic colors.

     The breakdown:

 These white denim shorts that I used were from Forever 21.  They were only $12 which is such a steal!  They feel so soft and yet have a cute denim feel.  While I love my Abercrombie shorts, some of my favorite denim shorts are actually from Forever 21.  It's impossible to beat the price and the quality is great for a couple of seasons.


 This necklace is also from the same Flea Market as the other.  This one is a navy blue to match the flag and has random gold beads to offset the dark color.  It's a fun way to add a pop of blue into an all red shirt.


I hope you guys got some inspiration from this lookbook!  What are your plans for the 4th of July?  Will you be dressing in red, white, and blue for the holiday?  Leave a comment down below!

Have a great 4th of July!


xoxo  Kaylie  <3

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks so much! I love picking up cute steals at TJ Maxx and Marshalls:)

      Delete