Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Drugstore Review~ Eyelash Curler Comparison

Welcome back girls! I have my first review for you guys today! Summer is settling in and I have been going to the pool and lake A LOT. Too often... But even though I love my eyeliner, mascara does not budge in the water and it still defines the eye. I've found a curler that gives me those fluttery lashes!

Kaylie has slowly made me into a mascara girl, and my fail of eyelashes don't cooperate unless I curl my eyelashes. I've been testing out these two curlers recently and the both have their ups and downs, but in the long run, one performs superiorly to the other.

Top: New York Color NYC Eyelash Curler
Bottom: Sally Hansen Sexy Curls Lash Curler

Continue reading... it's getting personal!


The NYC lash curler a bit smaller and easier to grip. They both have springs, however, the NYC is a little more maneuverable and lighter on the hand. It fits my eye shape nicely, but it does pull out eyelashes once and a while. This easily fits into the corner of my eye and grips the lashes nicely so there's no need for repetitively pressing down again and again. I carry this around with me if I know I'm going to have a long day and it gives my lashes a boost if I need to curl in the middle of the day.If I had to choose, I would choose this one over the Sally Hansen and play with it a little because I do have some complaints with the Sally Hansen! I would give this a 4.5 out of 5!

New York Color NYC Eyelash Curler


This eyelash curler is heavier on the hand and much sturdier, which it should be and double the price. It curls like a dream, but sadly, it doesn't fit my eye shape. The grip on this curler is amazing! It's magical! It's all in the design of the metal and pad. When I have both curlers on hand, I curl the middle section of my eyelashes with this and the outer lashes with the NYC. It really creates a dramatic curl, but I WARN YOU, it pulls out eyelashes like no other. Be cautious when using it. I would not recommend curling with this after mascara is applied because of the grip it gets on the lashes. This deserves around a 3.2 or 3.3 out of 5.


Sally Hansen Sexy Curls Lash Curler

Even though both eyelash curlers have their ups and downs. My personal choice is the NYC. I have relatively big eyes and the NYC fits well. If you have really wide, big eyes, I would recommend the Sally Hansen because it does grip securely and curl quickly. However, for the majority of eye shapes, stick with the NYC. Note that I've only tried these two eyelash curlers, if I find a better one, I will be sure to tell you guys!


Left: New York Color NYC Eyelash Curler
Right: Sally Hansen Sexy Curls Lash Curler

Left: New York Color NYC Eyelash Curler
Right: Sally Hansen Sexy Curls Lash Curler



These can be found at Walmart, Target, or any other drugstore or beauty supply store. If you're looking for a place close to you, check out these websites:

Don't be hasty to get those perfect lashes for summer! Use them as your weapon! Flutter them and work those eyes to get some man attention! Tell me your eyelash routine! Save you from a makeup disaster today? Leave your rescue story, questions, comments and requests in the comment section below. Stay beautiful!
xoxo Eve :*

tweet me @evelynSOS

2 comments:

  1. I have fail of eyelashes too! I'm trying to find a good, cheap mascara and a good eyelash curler. Thanks for the info :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the New York Color eyelash curler! I really found replacing the white pad from the Sally Hansen to put on the NYC Is wayy better! It doesn't wear out or tear and it's perfect! I hope you find this very useful as it was for me! Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete