Friday, June 15, 2012

Nail Tutorial~ Quirky Bunnies

Are you getting your tan on? Feeling the heat already? Gazing down at your fingers and seeing these bunnies will surely brighten up your day. These pastel colors will complement your new tan… and even though it’s already a little late for Easter. Who says you can't rock this everyday of the summer? I sure will.

Here’s the design I created...

Inspired by Bethany (MacBarbie07 on Youtube)- tell her to check it out!  



Let’s get started!

First, the polishes. You will need a white, black and a pink.
Here are the polishes I chose to use!

In order from left to right: Nicole by OPI Razzle Dazzler- Matte, Nicole by OPI Scandal, Secrets & Sparkle, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, and Wet n Wild Wild Shine Tickled Pink (402)

The matte black with shimmer was used for the eyes and nose, and it was purchased in a duo set from Marshall’s for $6.99 US for the set.
Nicole by OPI Razzle Dazzler- Matte

The silver glitter was used as a top coat, and it was purchased in another duo set from Marshall’s for $6.99 US for the set. This duo was from the 2010 Gossip Girl collection: The Glitz and Glam of the Upper East Side. I didn’t purchase it when it just came out, but both of these sets were purchased together and I have owned them for over a year. Check online if you’re looking for these polishes. They are both unique and up on my favorites list. Comment below if you would like reviews on the polishes.
Nicole by OPI Scandal, Secrets and Sparkle

The white base was purchased from Rite Aid in a BOGO ½ off sale. I paid about $1.50 US for it, but it retails for around $2.00 US. Such a bargain! This does require numerous coats to achieve an opaque color.
Sinful Colors Snow Me White

The light pink was purchased from Rite Aid in a 40% off sale, so I paid about $0.60 US for it. A steal if you ask me! I love Wet n Wild. The average price is about $0.99 US. The wild shine line offers a plethora of colors in a great formula all for that price. I suggest you go check out your local drugstore for a sale ;). I would stock up when you get the chance!
Wet n Wild Wild Shine Tickled Pink

To create the eyes, and nose, I used these Royal and Langnickel dotting tools that I purchased for Michael's for around $3.00 US on sale. I found them by the clay tools. They are normally $4.99 US for 5 dotting tools (2 of them are double ended). P.S. Michael's always has 40-50% off coupons! Compare that to the $10.00 price tag of the 2 dotting tools at Sephora. 

Royal and Langnickel Embossing and Stylus Set Value Pack- contains D15 Small Stylus Tool, D5 Medium Stylus Tool and D25 Single Ball Embosser

I used the larger end of the medium stylus for the nose and the smaller end of the it for the eyes. 


Hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial! Are you going to be rocking it this summer? Let me know in the comment section or on twitter (@evelynSOS). Save you from a nail disaster today? Leave your rescue story, questions, comments, and requests in the comment section below. Stay beautiful!
xoxo Eve :*

tweet me @evelynSOS

2 comments: